Monday, May 11, 2009

More and more and more...New Books!

Gosh, I love getting new books. Not only do I get the whole book purchasing thrill, I also get to tell everyone about them and try to force others to read them.

My friends will tell you that trying to force other people to read books I like is my favorite hobby.

I loved If I Stay by Gayle Forman, so I added Sisters in Sanity to our stacks. It's about Brit, who gets sent to a work camp for rebellious teens. I'll do a full book review when I finish.



Also, I adored Melina Marchetta's Saving Francesca (upcoming book discussion!) and Jellicoe Road, so I went ahead and ordered her first novel, Looking for Alibrandi.


Looking for Alibrandi was a huge hit in Australia (where Marchetta is from) and it was even made into a movie Down Under. A movie I wish I could see. I wonder if it is on Netflix...


I think that Tantalize (by Cynthia Leitich Smith) will be a hit for the Twilight crowd. It takes a humorous look at the whole vampire/werewolf love thing. I would imagine it is a bit like Buffy the Vampire Slayer for those of us old enough to know what that show was all about.

Hooray for the '90's. I miss you. Gosh. I sound old. Is 24 old?

By the way, if you don't know Buffy...seasons are $15.00 a pop at Wal-mart right now. 'Nuff said.

We also now have Scott Westerfeld's Extras. I know you were waiting for it! While you're at it, check out Westerfeld's blog...


And finally, The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray.


The sequel to A Great and Terrible Beauty and Rebel Angels. Think Victorian lace and corsets meets magic and dark secret societies bent on controlling...you'll see. These books are fun, exciting, and just a bit girly--the perfect summer beach read.

Oh, and make sure to click on the cover picture (or, if you're too lazy to scroll up, right here), Bray's website is neat. I always like it when authors take a little time and come up with a fun site.

As always, when we've got new books, you'll be the first to know!

No comments: