Friday, October 30, 2009

My Good News!

There is so much good news today, I thought I'd give you a list to peruse.

1. We have candy. On the circulation desks. Need I say more?

2. I'm no longer sick! Wait...maybe this should have been number one...

3. If I hold an apple in my hands today (like the one sitting inches away from me), I look like the cover of Twilight. See, I'm wearing a Halloween costume, without wearing a Halloween costume...get it?

4. Most of you don't have school.

5. I am pages away from finishing not one but two Eliot Rosewater books!

6. The young adult novels nominated for the National Book Award in 2009 are on their way! Click here, here, and here to read more about them.

7. Did I mention the candy?

8. Because there's candy...

9. Right here on the desk!

10. We have a program coming up! November 12 at 6:00 p.m. we will be making paper star lanterns!

I am very excited about the paper star lanterns.

I picked one of these up at a touristy shop in Colorado, hung it up in my room, and there it remained for many years. But, when I started thinking about fun crafts for us all to do, I figured I could probably find a pattern online...

There is no pattern online.

Hey, I bet I could post one!

Because I sat down over a three-day period and created a pattern for these lanterns. Without taking mine apart! That is a big plus.

I'm putting up all kinds of signage all around the library, so make sure to register so I have enough supplies!

Need convincing? Take a look at the pictures I found...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joeysplanting/2124813418/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gertrudk/2102271053/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fireant2006_triptych/274433151/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/remedy/339487087/

These stars will liven up your room (or make a great Christmas gift). All you need to make them is my magic template, five pieces of 12"12" scrapbook paper, and a glue stick. If you want, you can embellish, with stamps, paper punches, etc., but you don't need too.
Oh!

And...

11. We just got a new book! Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott.



Our staff already loves it (it's been through two other people before it got to me), and Rachel tells me it's one of her favorite books of the year.

Ellen Hopkins gave a blurb for the cover, "Stark. Gripping. Totally unforgettable."

I'll read it, make sure you tell me what you think.

No comments: