Monday, April 5, 2010

Learn to Knit!

Those of you who know me at all will understand the depth of my love for knitting. Why, the mere whiff of yarn fumes will send me rushing into the nearest yarn store to grab up materials, so I can make myself new socks, slippers, gloves, sweaters--you name it.


I have knit lots of socks. And yes, I do know you can buy them for less than five bucks at Walmart. But if I did that, then I wouldn't get to knit them.

Yesterday, I finished knitting a mouse. I made a knitted mouse. Really.

I have had enough people ask me how to knit that I've decided you all have to learn. Seriously.

So.

We are holding Knitting 101 (or our first meeting of Carnegie Knits, if you will) on Wednesday, April 14 at 6:30 p.m.


The library will provide you with the following tools of the knitting trade: needles, yarn, and an experienced teacher. Free of charge. All you need to do is register (downstairs or upstairs at the circulation desks) and then show up.

I will teach you all you need to know to make a scarf and offer help in days to come should you drop stitches, add stitches, or get confused. It happens.

What if you already know how to knit? Come anyway! And if you know how to crochet? Come teach me!


Gratuitous sock picture. Yes, I knit that.

No comments: