Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Oh, and I just finished...

...The Christopher Killer by Alane Ferguson!



Thank you, thank you (this in response to all the applause my announcement just received, deemed inaudible by the cruelty of distance and the Blogger Powers-That-Be).

If any of you like the whole CSI or NCIS thing, this is the book for you. While some of the occurrences struck me as a bit too convenient, it didn't make the story any less fun.

The reason for this was the science. Alane Ferguson didn't play around. She went to autopsies and interviewed forensic experts. So all the science rings true, and, somehow, she managed to keep her novel from sounding like a biology lecture! Those of you who read a lot of mysteries know, that's hard to pull off. Many authors don't get it right, and it usually leads to me spacing out as I read, skimming information that will later tell me who the killer is and having to go back to find out where I missed out.

So, if forensics is your thing, this is the book for you.

If you're just interested in mysteries that keep you guessing until the very last page...this is not the book you want to pick up. Get What I Saw and How I Lied instead.

Or come ask me and I'll help you find something you like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

wabashteens said...

Glad I could help!