Monday, November 30, 2009

Hooray for New Graphic Novels and Audio!

I told you I would be more entertaining, and I plan on starting now--with new books!

We have new Naruto (volumes 35 and 36) new Death Note (volume 6--so you know, 5 is on the way) and a new InuYasha (volume 17). I'm not going into a ton of detail here, because I'm betting if you want to read these, you already know more about them than I do.

We also have a Holly Black graphic novel, illustrated by Ted Naifeh, The Good Neighbors: Kin.


This is part of a new series, following in Black's dark fantasy vein. Rue, our protagonist, is reeling after her mother's disappearance and dealing with her father's legal trouble--he's accused of murdering Rue's mom. But Rue's mother isn't an ordinary parent, she's a faerie, and she's gone back to the faerie realm. Now Rue has to bring her back.

One more graphic novel--Black is for Beginnings by Laurie Faria Stolarz!


This series was in prose before it went graphic, so if you're interested in seeing how it all started, check out her other novels.

We also have two brand new audio books, which makes me happy because they're all favorites of mine!

We've got the audio version of Catching Fire to go along with the new hardcover--that I love and everyone should read.

Another recent addition is An Abundance of Katherines by John Green--this was so hysterical that I spent half my time reading it out loud to my family members. I can only hope the narrator does justice to TOC and Colin's big finish. If you've read this novel, you'll get that. If you haven't...you're missing something.

No comments: