Saturday, November 14, 2009

New Books!

I was reading an old mystery novel the other day and I noticed something.

You know how we have "line-ups" here in the states? Say, someone took a sledge to the front of my new-ish car. I would be upset. But I might not know who exactly did it, if the person who attacked my car thought it belonged to someone else. I may have seen that person do it, though. The police would then fill a room with a ton of people and wait for me to tell them who did it. A line-up.

Just like we see on CSI five times a week, or more.

Sigh.

Well, in Britain, I have discovered, they call a line-up an "identity parade"--proving yet again that our names for things are not as entertaining as the names they come up with abroad.

I'm done, now. But first, an identity parade of new books:

Frannie in Pieces by Delia Ephron!


Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale!


Envy--book three in the Luxe series--by Anna Godbersen!


And (drum roll) Fire by Kristin Cashore!


Did I mention how much I loved this book? Did I? Because I do. Very much. Just like I loved the awesome, amazing, fantastic, better-than-any-adjective-I-can-think-of Graceling, also by Kristin Cashore. Read them both, you won't be sorry!

Now I am going to write 5,000 words or more, because I've been sleeping a little, so I am way behind on my NaNoWriMo word count. Not 9,000 words behind, though, so I'm not in as much trouble as John Green.

Don't quit now, John! Week three is about to begin, and week three is when it all turns around, finally becoming both fun and rewarding, instead of miserable and degrading!

No comments: