Monday, February 1, 2010

Scarlett Fever, a very short quasi-read-a-long

I'm doubting that many of you have been able to skip out on school and drive all the way to the nearest bookstore to buy Scarlett Fever, nor do I encourage you to do so since that would defeat the purpose of my buying it and putting it upstairs with all the other books we at the library intend for you to check out and read.

That being said, I also don't expect you to do what I have done and will continue to do, which is to pre-order certain books integral to your health and happiness (Melina Marchetta! Suzanne Collins and Hunger Games III! Ally Carter's new book Heist Society!)

Now that I have acknowledged that you are totally off the hook for not standing/sitting in front of your computer while you read this, cradling Scarlett Fever in your reverent hands, I must ask that you forgive me for doing just that.

My compulsion, manic, obsessive fascination with this book began roughly four hours ago, fueled by the happy little icon on Teen Reads announcing their brand new book review for this brand new novel. Before that, I just really wanted to read it. It happens that way with me sometimes. It's like when little kids think of Christmas or their birthdays, and they can focus on nothing but that for days or even weeks beforehand, except for me it's specific books not a new bicycle.

Let me just say, now that Mr. Kindle tells me that I've read 20% of Scarlett Fever: It is every bit as fabulous as Suite Scarlett, if not more so.

And, just so you know, when I'm done being strange about this book, I'll have moved on to this one.



And this one.

I'm sure there'll be more after those...

No comments: