Monday, June 8, 2009

Manga!

Our teen programming for the summer is well underway, and this week is our first special event.

We'll be learning to draw Manga starting at 4:30 at the library on June 10 (that's Wednesday). I've been getting clued in on Manga and Anime lately so that I am not the world's biggest idiot on the subject, and so far I'm really enjoying it.

I spent the last few nights watching Death Note, and tonight's special feature at my house is Paprika.

The art is radically different than the usual Disney-style animation; it's quite fun and very expressive. I'm interested in learning some of the techniques. Although I can't draw a straight line. Or a curved one. And that might make life a bit hard.

If you're interested in joining us, come by the downstair's circulation desk and register for the program!

No comments: