Wednesday, September 9, 2009

And now...

That my guilt trip is over I have more new books to tell you about.

These came when I was telling you about the other new books, only these I am on the ball about, so I can show them off without guilt or shame of any kind.

Evermore and Blue Moon by Alyson Noel...



From what I can tell, these books are like the first two Twilight books in almost every way, except they must be different enough not to warrant a lawsuit of any kind, because there hasn't been one.

If you like the vampire romance thing with destiny and all that, these are for you.

We also have Rat Life by Tedd Arnold, which won an Edgar Award (as in Allen Poe) for best young adult mystery.


So mystery fans, this is for you (and me). A body is found in the Chemanga River not too far away from Todd's neighborhood, but he's not all that concerned. He's more worried about a job. He meets a guy named Rat, who is a bit older than him in more ways than one. Rat offers him work, the two spend some time together, and Todd starts wondering about Rat, the body in the river, and a lot of other things...

And we have Impossible by Nancy Werlin, which takes the song "Scarborough Fair"--Simon and Garfunkel did a great version--and gives it a back story.


The women in Lucy's family are cursed. Unless they accomplish a series of impossible tasks, they are in big trouble. And that's all I'll tell you for now.

No comments: