Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Many Reasons Why I Owe You Big Time

We got new books!

And you all know that that's a pretty big deal around here, since I love new books.

But here's the thing--they all came on Friday at about three-ish, and we close at five, but I wanted all the people who requested them to have them when they wanted them, so I wanted to put them upstairs fast, and so I did all the stuff I do when we get new books, like AR and checking them off the order sheets--but something terrible happened!

I forgot to blog about them!

Booooo! Booooo!

That Laura, we don't know what to do with her around here. I think we should throw rocks at her. Except she's me, and that would HURT!

Fine. So no rock throwing. Instead I will in as little time as possible try to remember the titles of the books that came and went so quickly though lots of them were replacements and we don't really care about those so I will just try to tell you the important ones !

We had Climbing the Stairs by Padma Venkatraman


Bethany is reading this right now, and I am getting it after her, because I want to read it too. I'll tell you all about it when I have. Bethany--no spoilers!

We also got Libyrinth, by Pearl North, which I have started but not finished.


So more on that later!

Wow, that's two I can't tell you about. That's depressing. Well...here:



So those are upstairs, and they're going to be a television series, as I bet you all know, on the CW this fall. You can read those--The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith. Incidentally, there is now a fifth book in that series out in hardcover that we will get in paperback.

Those books are completely not my thing, but whatever floats your boat. Wow, was that cliche of me. It must be the guilt.


And that's about to be a TV series too, I think, maybe...I can't find it. Am I wrong?

We also got the continuation of the Jacky Faber series (of which I have read nothing) My Bonny Light Horseman by L.A. Meyer.


They are of the pirate variety, and seem like fun.

And then, there is Blood Beast which is part of the Demonata series by Darren Shan. He also did Cirque Du Freak. This is the fifth in the series.


The Lighthouse War is number two in Adrian McKinty's Lighthouse Trilogy. We've now got that!


And then we have the second in a series I'm fond of, Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter.


We also replaced The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain and Uglies by Scott Westerfeld.

And I think that's everything.

I'll do a better job next time, guys.

No comments: