Thursday, September 10, 2009

Maybe a good thing.

I was talking to another woman who works here via e-mail, and she sent me a note that had a complicated looking graph on it that I didn't understand.

When I actually read what she had written, the basic gist of it was that people actually look at this blog, in fact, they look at it kind of a lot.

That means two things, or so I think: (1) you guys are keeping informed about all the super-fun stuff I think up while I'm sitting in front of a bookshelf, shelving books (usually the source of most inspiration) and (2) that (a) you think I'm kind of funny or (b) you have a lot of time on your hands.

Any or all of those reasons are good.

Do you know what else it means that tons of you are coming here? It means that you are reading my writing.

That makes me feel special.

Thank you for making me feel special.

And, just so you know, I don't rant like this because I like the sound of my own fingers on a keyboard. I rant like this because I want all of you to be happy and to read books that are good, both in a fun way and in an artsy way, particularly if they are fun and artsy at the same time.

Enjoy the books. Enjoy our activities, and enjoy the blog. It is a present for you.

I hope you feel special too.

No comments: