Monday, March 1, 2010

This is your moment!

We're about to meet with our website designer, so if you have some comments about the Wabash Carnegie Public Library website (not the blog, that's all me--but you can tell me what you want to see here if you'd like...), leave your opinions, questions, comments, complaints, protests, rants, etc. in the comments.

So think about this and let me know:

1. Is there something missing from the library website that you'd like to see?

2. Is the library website easy to use, or could it be simplified?

3. Could we jazz the website up to make it more fun?

4. Is this something you actually care about, or is this post the most boring thing you've read all day?

Number four is rhetorical. You so completely don't need to answer it. In fact, don't. I really would rather not know, my life is filled with enough depressing things (like winter), adding one more thing would create Mopey Laura, who is no fun at all. She reads Sad Books and will urge you to do the same.

I don't want to read Sad Books. I want Happy Books.

Speaking of which, try When You Reach Me for a Happy Book fix. It's this year's Newbery winner, and as I read it for the second time recently, it occurred to me that I should urge you all to read it.

Fans of Madeline L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time will especially love it. If you haven't read that, then I just feel sorry for you, and you should correct it immediately. Go, read Madeline L'Engle. Now.

No comments: