Monday, August 10, 2009

Back to the grind!

I know this is on our teen page, but this is special and important and may have even led to me not having a nervous breakdown in Algebra II, had I known it existed at that time. So, without further ado, let me bore you with a public service announcement.

Did you know that right here in Indiana we have an awesome school called Rose-Hulman for all the super-smart math and science-ey people?

Well, we do. And because college is expensive and work experience is priceless, those sweet, fantastic college students actually take time from their studies to man a phone line: the Homework Hotline.

So basically, you can pick up the phone and dial 1-877-AskRose or go online to www.askrose.org and get FREE math and science homework help.

Meaning that all the time I spent trying to teach myself statistics was more effort than I needed to put in. Because someone was sitting in some call center waiting for me to call in and give them something to do with their evening (or week, because it certainly would have taken them that long to teach me stats).

Well, at least I spared them that.

Seriously, though, this is a really good thing and you should all use it before you do what I did and get behind, then fight to catch up while everyone is visiting the Cartesian Plane and you are on some other plane altogether, contemplating the meaning of the universe and drawing Dragonball-Z cartoons all over your test paper.

Not that I did any of those things. I was too busy being studious with my Cliff's Notes Statistics manual.

No comments: