Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, Percy Jackson

Ladies and gentlemen, I just had a very happy (month?) time reading through all of Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan. Visit today (August 18) and you'll see what I'm talking about...later

Oh, those books are fun. We have them in the Children's Room, but it seems there is no age limit on the series. I have adults putting them on hold, little tiny kids listening to the audio books...the list goes on.

We've had the last two books on hold for someone, and I was ready for...you guessed it--the last two books. So, sitting here in terror that the person who wanted them would show up demanding them, I read through the last two at top Laura Speed.

And seconds ago, I finished The Last Olympian, and much to my amusement, I discovered that Percy's birthday is on August 18--and that is today. The day I finished the series. So visit now.

That is my kind of coincidence.

Or maybe it was The Fates...

I do love knitting!

Socks, even (see The Lightning Thief). Hey...maybe that's a bad sign for me...

1 comment:

Scout said...

who's percy jackson? guess I'll wikipedia...