Thursday, August 20, 2009

Coming up...Eliot Rosewater Book Award Contest!

Behold! Our fall plans are ready for you to see, sign up for, and discuss amongst yourselves! You can pick up a brochure in the YA section, or at either of the circulation desks.

We're kicking off a contest beginning in September, so get ready to read!

I put all the covers of the new Eliot Rosewater Book Award Nominees on the bulletin board upstairs. Every year high school students all over the state nominate these great books--and YOU get to help pick the winners!

Some of this year's nominees include Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz (vampires!)...


The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian (no vampires!) by Sherman Alexie...


Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin (I love this book)...


And Deadline by Chris Crutcher (I have not read this book!).


There are LOTS more to choose from. I'm going to try and read them all! But I think I might fail, since there are sports ones...Sigh.

Go here to see the complete list! This is a Word document, so don't freak out if it asks you if you want to open or save the document. We are not fencing virus-ridden Trojan horse stuff around here.

Read at least four of the nominees, and when you finish each one, fill out one of the fancy little entry forms I'll have upstairs for you. When you're done, pop your paper into the eager little re-purposed coffee can I'll have out for you.

Sneakily, I will collect all the entry forms, scuttling out late at night in the dark, like some kind of nocturnal creature. When you've turned in four, I'll enter you in a drawing for a prize!

No comments: