Friday, August 28, 2009

I could not wait.

So I put up all the Eliot Rosewater Contest stuff upstairs!

I know, I know. That's just me. I don't like waiting for exciting things to happen. For example--I always end up trying to give people their birthday presents as soon as I buy or make them. I just can't wait.

I have a little arrangement of books for you to look through on the low shelf by the CD's, along with the Legendary Re-Purposed Coffee Can, some entry slips (that double as bookmarks), and a brochure that tells you exactly how the contest works.

You will find that there are many Rosie books already checked out. In my deluded mind, this means that all of you are excited at how wonderful this fantastic contest will be and already is. However, I think it also might be because some of these books are rather popular in the first place.

But that's cool too.

Just know that you can put any or all of them on hold at the circulation desk--just grab one of those brochures and flip it over. On the back, you'll see the full list of Rosie books. The ones in italics are not at our library--yet. I ordered them as soon as I got this brilliant idea. The other titles we do have. Those can get put on hold.

Feel free to ask, we're all used to putting things on hold. We like it. It changes things up a little. In fact, I could go for putting something on hold right now. Maybe I will...

Make sure to fill out those little entry slips all the way, and put them in the Legendary Re-Purposed Coffee Can, so that I can collect them! Give me something exciting to do!

No comments: