Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Because I am very excited

Oh, everyone! I am so excited!

Of course, by now you've all realized that it doesn't take much to make me transcendentally happy (look it up), but this is New Book Happy, and it is a special kind of joy.

No, I'm not holding the book in my hand. But I completely wish that I was. Really. But I have to wait. I have to wait for September 1 (my dad's birthday) for it to be released. Because I'm talking about...


This book!

Catching Fire, the sequel to the fantastic novel The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins!

Seriously, I am so excited that I made you all bookmarks. They are on the table upstairs in the YA section. You will note that I had a duplex printing problem, but they are colorful and I don't care so you shouldn't either.

To top off all that happy--September 1 is also the day we are kicking off our Eliot Rosewater Book Contest! So I will have all kinds of info for you upstairs to look at. I'll put out entry forms and rules and stuff before I leave on Friday, so you can have a head start looking at them. But no repurposed coffee can (for entries). Not until September 1.

If you have questions for me September 1--you won't be able to ask them. Why, you ask?

Well, that is because I am going away for a few days. To visit John Green. That's right. The author of Paper Towns, An Abundance of Katherines, and Looking for Alaska.

John Green.

I admit, I love authors. I love John Green in a harmless, nerdy girl sort of way. In that, I read his books and wish I could write half as well as he does. Sigh.

So go get a bookmark and share in my joy. I'll have pictures of the John Green thing as soon as I'm back...

No comments: